Have you all heard of these? Smash Potatoes. Seriously, my new favorite thing and they are so easy!
I like to say that my husband is a potatotarian. He’s a Midwesterner that loves himself steak and potatoes. He likes mashed potatoes, tater tots, and potato skins. We truly haven’t found a potato he doesn’t like. 🙂
Looking for Easy Super Bowl Appetizers, then we have you covered.
In any case, my Dad was telling me that he recently smashed his potatoes for dinner and I thought, wow what a fun idea. We started out with the basic for this recipe, but know that you can modify them with as much and as little additions as desired.
In a pot covering the the potatoes with water, boil the potatoes till tender. Approximately 10-15 minutes. While the potatoes are boiling, pre-heat the oven to 415 degrees.If you poke the potatoes with a fork and it slides in tenderly, then its time to take them out. Using a potato smasher, smash the potato till its flat and broken open. From here liberally add the olive oil to the top as well as the salt and pepper. There are so many varieties of these potatoes that are delicious like a loaded smash potato with bacon and cheddar or light with rosemary and lemon. For the basic version we created we loaded it up with salt and pepper and then added a bit of Parmesan. Into the oven for 10-15 till the tops are golden brown.
In my opinion, the crispier the better when it comes to the roasted smashed potatoes. I’m of the camp that my potato can not have enough yummy goodness and seasoning on it. But I’m also a fan of the loaded french fries too, so any chance you can add butter, bacon, sour cream, seasoning to a potato the better for sure!I’m telling you, you can thank me later with these bad boys. SOOOO good.
Other Potato Dishes You Might Enjoy
- Tater Tot Skewers
- Carne Asada Potato Skins
- Loaded Potato Dip
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Bites
- Pizza Tater Tot Skewers
Don’t forget to pin it for later… you won’t regret it!
ROASTED SMASHED POTATOES
PIN IT TO YOUR RECIPE BOARD ON PINTEREST
FOLLOW MADEWITHHAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS!
- 4-5 potatoes, I used smaller russets, but they could be done with any potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese, optional
- In a pot covering the the potatoes with water, boil the potatoes till tender. Approximately 10-15 minutes
- While the potatoes are boiling, pre-heat the oven to 415 degrees.
- If you poke the potatoes with a fork and it slides in tenderly, then its time to take them out. Using a potato smasher, smash the potato till its flat and broken open.
- Liberally add the olive oil to the top as well as the salt and pepper and Parmesan
- Roast for 10-15 till the tops are golden brown.
Serving Size:4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 59mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 5g Protein: 6g