Learn how to draw a mushroom with step-by-step instructions, and add a touch of nature to your art skills with this fun and easy tutorial.
This How to Draw a Mushroom tutorial is so fun for the kids to learn the easy step-by-step drawing lessons on how to make an simple mushroom drawing.
Ready to learn how to draw a mushroom with easy steps? You're in the right place. Today, we will draw a cute cartoon mushroom using basic art supplies. This drawing lesson is suitable for kids of all ages. It's a lot of fun and a great way to help your kids improve their drawing skills.
You'll find step-by-step instructions for this drawing lesson at the end of the blog post.
Reasons You'll Love This Tutorial
This mushroom drawing tutorial is for everyone. If you're doing it with kids, they can draw with the help of this guide. Adults, on the other hand, can use it as a base for their realistic mushroom sketch.
What's more, this lesson will teach kids about mushrooms and their health benefits. You can also do a field trip to spot mushrooms in the backyard or a nearby park on rainy days (that's when mushrooms decide to pop out).
Let's learn a little more about mushrooms.
Don't Miss Our Easy Drawings For Kids and Mushroom Craft!
Fun Facts About Mushrooms
- Mushrooms are made of 90% water.
- Mushrooms aren't plants; they are a type of fungi.
- Some mushrooms can glow in the dark. Cool, right?
- There are 2006 different mushrooms that are safe to eat. Oyster mushrooms are the most eaten. The chanterelle mushroom being one of the yummiest.
- The fly agaric mushroom is highly poisonous and not for eating.
- Honey mushroom is the world's largest mushroom.
Decorating the Mushroom Drawing
Kids enjoy coloring and decorating more than the drawing process itself. If you don't want your child to lose interest, make sure you give them fun supplies to add to their beautiful mushroom drawings.
- Use crepe paper to make bright green grass around the mushroom.
- Add a variety of textures to the red cap using thread, yarn, cotton balls, or even glitter.
- Make cute doodles on the mushroom head and fill them with bright colors.
- Stick tiny circle cutouts as white spots and outline them with black paint.
- Convert the drawing into a happy mushroom home by adding a door and a window on the mushroom stem.
- Draw different kinds of mushrooms and color them in funky glow-in-the-dark colors.
- Add shading and shadows using a kneaded eraser.
- Sketch a different circular pattern on each mushroom for a new look.
Tips to Make This Drawing Tutorial Easy
There are ways to make this simple tutorial simpler. Here's what you can do:
- Show kids different video tutorials on drawing so they understand what they're expected to do.
- Show reference images of real-life mushrooms to show them what they are actually drawing.
- Make light pencil outlines and encourage them to erase before moving on.
- It's a good idea to let them practice a few times before making the final version.
Drawing a Mushroom with Kids
When your mushroom drawings are ready and decorated, you can use them as gift cards. You can also frame them and use them as wall art or convert them into goodie bags. If your child is up for a bigger project, let them draw a mushroom on a canvas tote or a t-shirt. It'll be so much fun.
If you're looking for similar tutorials and new drawing lessons, check out the rest of my blog. I have tons of fun and easy art projects for kids that will keep them excited and engaged. Keep creating! Happy drawing!
How To Draw a Mushroom
Are you ready to make a fungus drawing with your kids? Let's get started with these simple steps.
Start with a simple curved line for the cap of the mushroom. A rounded triangle shape is great for the top of the mushroom.
For the stem shape, draw a U shape from the underside of the mushroom cap. This creates a more rounded stem of the mushroom.
The next step is to draw a simple half circle at the edge of the mushroom cap.
Draw another half circle off the other side of the mushroom cap.
Draw two more smaller half circles in the other two edges.
Outline the basic form of the mushroom with a black pen on the final lines and erase any extra lines you had while sketching the simple mushroom drawings.
The last step is to treat your mushroom drawing as a coloring page and color it in with your favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, or even watercolor paint. Viola, you have a simple mushroom drawing.
Other Easy Drawings You'll Enjoy
Download Free Printable Mushroom Drawing Tutorial
Enter your email address in the form below and you'll be taken directly to the mushroom drawing pdf file.
*For personal use only
- Drawing Pencils
- Start with a simple curved line for the cap of the mushroom. A rounded triangle shape is great for the top of the mushroom.
- For the stem shape, draw a U shape from the underside of the mushroom cap. This creates a more rounded stem of the mushroom.
- The next step is to draw a simple half circle at the edge of the mushroom cap.
- Draw another half circle off the other side of the mushroom cap.
- Draw two more smaller half circles in the other two edges.
- Outline the basic form of the mushroom with a black pen on the final lines and erase any extra lines you had while sketching the simple mushroom drawings.
- The last step is to treat your mushroom drawing as a coloring page and color it in with your favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, or even watercolor paint. Viola, you have a simple mushroom drawing.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products on my Amazon storefront here!
How To Draw a Mushroom
PIN IT TO YOUR DIY BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADE WITH HAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!