Looking for a list of awesome STEM toys for kindergartners, then look no further. We have you covered!
These toys not only benefit the child but teachers & parents love them alike! These toys stimulate the brain whether it is robotics, coding, engineering or math! STEM toys will keep your child engaged for hours.
Fun little fact that behind my rainbow loving creative exterior was an Electrical Engineering major. I am and always will be a STEM girl and love everything about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. ALL.OF.IT. I love being creative and a maker and I am 100 percent convinced that it is because of my background in STEM that I am able to make things works and build and create.
Back to your kindergartner. They are in such a great place aren’t they? They are just sponges learning and trying and making. The world is their oyster! We love these awesome stem toys so much, we already have a handful for our Kinder under the tree (or in the closet… if you will) .
10+ Awesome STEM Toys for Kindergartners
- Snap Circuit Junior – My little engineer loves these. Teaching positives, negatives and how to conduct circuits to turn lights on and off and fans is amazing to watch.
- Mincecraft Stop Motion Animations– For all those minecraft lovers out there. This is awesome for their minds and gets them creating.
- OWI Captain Roam-E-O Bulding Model Kit – Building robots, who wouldn’t enjoy the outcome of this toy! After taking the time to build this amazing robot and then to see if actually move, amazing!
- Learning Resources Dive Into Shapes – You use different shapes and you create trapezoids, octagons and 2 dimensional shapes. Geometry at it’s finest.
- Star Flex Creative Connecting – Fun manipulative brain toys… children can build & create for hours using different sizes and colors of manipulative.
- Insights Design & Drill Activity – This allows for the kids to use their creative thinking, their fine motor skills, and to learn to build with their very own kid size items nutz, bolts and drill. LOVE THIS!
- Magnaflex Flexible Magnetic Construction Kit – These are so awesome and not only because they are rainbow (LOVE), but these pieces bend, they connect, they are magnetized and so it allows for the kids creativity to run wild with all the possibilities.
- Piper Computer Kit – Another great one for the mindcraft loving kids, but what is great about this, is that it lets the kids get in there and tinker. It is wifi enabled and all the latest technology and has everything they need to create their own computer. RAD!
- Automobile Engineer Kit – This is great starter kit for those that are still settling into kinder and are just starting to build and explore. We love this because its colorful and chunky for their little hands and just the right way to get them excited for STEM.
- Kano Pixel Kit | Make & Code with Light – Great do with parents as they begin to learn to code and create and understand what it takes to create.
- Herbie Kid’s Garden with Pizza Party Activity Kit – We love that this is a take on another avenue of science and nature and how growing turns into plants that turn into some of their favorite foods… PIZZA.
- KID K’NEX – Oodles of Pals Building Set – This set again allows the kids to create and build through connectors and different shapes and size pieces. It is so important for kids to tune their fine motor skills and creativity through building tools like these.