If your house gets a full Fall clean out like ours, then look no further than these Fall Cleaning Supplies Must Haves
Our house has been going through a full transformation. This week has been all about full Fall Cleaning. Between the weight of the Summer and the start of school, the house was feeling cluttered and I don’t know about you, but I was starting to feel the weight of the clutter on my shoulders. We started this past week going through our Fall Cleaning Checklist, and going to town.
- Organize closets – This is perfect time to pull out your Fall and Winter wardrobes and donate those that you no longer wear, and organize and declutter.
- Declutter your storage space (attics, basements, and/or garage)
- Wash your windows – We have a specific time during the day where we can see streaks, or wait for a cloudy day.
- Check your window and door insulation – As we move into the cooler months, its great to check the sealant on your doors and replace if needed. For your windows there are drafts, re-insulate them. We use the Duck® brand Roll-On® Window Kits on our windows insulation. Its great for weatherization and even the smallest drafts that are sealed will save you money on your energy bill.
- Clean your window treatments – Dust, vaccum and and clean your window treatments. For those that can be machine washed, you want to use something that uses only the purest ingredients like Molly’s Suds: All Sport Laundry Wash and or Oxygen Whitener. Some of the dirtier shades you can submerge the blinds, shades, and valances in a bucket of water and Molly’s Suds to remove the dirt. For Molly’s Suds use HAPPYBABBLE for 25% OFF ORDER (EXP 10/31/17) *cannot be combined w/ any other offers
- Take care of your floors – If they are carpet, get them cleaned. If they are wood or tile, then clean them up using O-Cedar: ProMist Max Spray Mop. It is a great double sided mop with a head that flips 180°. The mop head is reusable and washable up to 100 times. Its eco-friendly and can use your own cleaning solutions. Fall is also a great time to wax your floors if they need it. Right before entertaining for the holidays.
- Full kitchen clean – This means taking out all the pots and pans that you have been avoiding cooking with over the summer. Dust them off, get rid of those you don’t use or past their prime. Clean out under your cupboards and wash, replace any liners, reorganize and declutter. Kitchen clean also includes under the kitchen sink. Replace your sponges, and remove any cleaning supplies you haven’t used in months and months. Consider replacing them with Scrub Daddy: Sponge Caddy & Scour Daddy. Both are great addition to the kitchen. The Sponge Caddy adhere securely to any clean smooth surface and drains into your sink. Scour Daddy
maintains its shape under pressure and is soft enough for no scratches. Added bonus – NO odor. 🙂
- Vacuum and Clean your upholstery – Great time to spruce up those cushions and if your house is anything like ours, get the sand of Summer out of all the cushions.
- Deep clean your bathrooms – While we clean our bathrooms each week, I find that making sure each season to give it a deep clean, paying attention to all the nooks and crannies and grout is key. The Grout Gator is awesome for those that have tile that is 13 inches or smaller. Covers up to 8 grout lines at once!! For Grout Gator discount BB17 for 15% off at GroutGator.com
- Clean your lighting fixtures – Great time to dust and clean those lighting fixtures and get them ready for the holidays.
- Replace you furnace filters – Before you kick on your heater for the cooler months, make sure to replace your filters.
- Clean and Deodorize your high odor zones – These places include your garbage areas, sports equipment storage areas, shoe storage, and pet areas. PowerOE – Odor Eliminating Spray and Cleaner + Odor Eliminator is great for these areas. Its dye-free, fragrance free, free of harsh chemical and solvents. For PowerOE discount use MWH17 for 25% off the entire purchase
It feels so good to have our house cleaned and declutter going into Fall. I think we got rid of almost half our stuff in most rooms and the weight that has been lifted is amazing. We hope your
FALL CLEANING SUPPLIES
PIN IT TO YOUR ORGANIZING/CLEANING BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADEWITHHAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT ORGANIZATION IDEAS!
Here are some more organization tips from Made with HAPPY.