Celebrate the month of November with your kids and learn lots of November Fun facts including birthstones, flowers, and holidays.
This November Fun Facts month is full of all kinds of holidays, fun, and a whole lot of HAPPY. Learn with us all about November with these fun facts and we have some added crafts and printables that are sure to make you love this 11th month as much as we do!
Before we get into all of HAPPY November, don't forget to check out last month's November Fun Facts too!
The Month of November
The month of November is a fun and HAPPY month! Some of the stats about this month include:
- What Month is November? November is the 11th month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar (12-month calendar).
- How Many Days are In November? There are 30 days in the month of November
While the current calendar has November as the eleventh month of the year, that wasn't always the case. November was the ninth month of the year based on the early Roman calendar (Julian Calendar). January and February didn't exist at the beginning of the year.
Each month of the year has a few different symbols within the month. There are birthstones associated with each month, as well as a monthly flower and astrological symbols.
These are all based on the month you were born. These are for the people November Birthdays - November Babies!
- November's Birthstones - Radiant Topaz (amber color)
- November's Birth Flower - Chrysanthemum
- Astrology Zodiac Signs of November - Scorpio and Sagittarius
- Scorpio - October 23rd - November 22nd
- Sagittarius - November 23rd - December 21st
Holidays in November
November is in the middle of the Fall season (Autumn) in the northern hemisphere (above the equator). It is Spring in the southern hemisphere. In North America, most locations experience lots of falling leaves and cooler temperatures.
In terms of November Holidays here are a few:
- All Saints' Day - November 1st
- National Author's Day - November 1st
- Day of the Dead - November 1st
- National Family Literacy Day - November 1st
- All Souls' Day - November 2nd
- National Sandwich Day - November 3rd
- National Candy Day - November 4th
- American Football Day - November 5th
- National Redhead Day - November 5th
- National Nachos Day - November 6th
- National Saxophone Day - November 6th
- National STEM/STEAM Day - November 8th
- Sesame Street Day - November 10th
- Veterans Day - November 11th
- National Sundae Day - November 11th
- National Origami Day - November 11th
- Remembrance Day -November 11th
- National Happy Hour Day - November 12th
- World Kindness Day - November 13th
- Sadie Hawkins Day - November 13th
- National Pickle Day - November 14th
- National Button Day - November 16th
- National Hiking Day - November 17th
- National Princess Day - November 18th
- Mickey Mouse Day - November 18th
- National Camp Day - November 19th
- National Play Monopoly Day - November 19th
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day - November 19th
- National Play With Dad Day - November 25th
- National Parfait Day - November 25th
- National Cake Day - November 26th
- Turtle Adoption Day - November 27th
- Advent Sunday - November 27th
- National French Toast Day - November 28th
- National Mason Jar Day - November 30th
Floating Holidays or Monthly Celebrations
- Election Day - The Tuesday next after the first Monday in the month of November is when the United States has its presidential election
- Thanksgiving Day - Fourth Thursday of November - United States National Holiday
- Black Friday - Friday after Thanksgiving
- National Fun with Fondue Month
- National Peanut Butter Lovers Month
- National Pepper Month
Interesting Facts About November
- Novem is the Latin word for
- November’s full Moon is traditionally called the Beaver Moon. This was based on the month that beaver traps were set before winter in the Colonial era.
- November's traditional birthstone is the topaz which is a symbol of honor and strength.
- There are weather lore associated with every month. A few of the November weather folklore
- A heavy November snow will last until April.
- November take flail; let ships no more sail.
- If there’s ice in November that will bear a duck, There’ll be nothing after but sludge and muck.
- There is no better month in the year to cut wood than November.
- Ice in November brings mud in December.
- Some famous people whose birthdays are in November include - Matthew McConaughey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Jimmy Kimmel, Whoopi Goldberg, Owen Wilson, Scarlett Johansson, Miley Cyrus, and Ben Stiller.
Other Fun November Activities
November is a month full of all kinds of Fall fun as well as all kinds of Happy Thanksgiving. We have lots of different crafts, printables, and coloring pages for November.
Fill the month with lots of different crafts full of Fall, Pumpkins, Thanksgiving, and more.
Have some November fun with this free printable November coloring page.
Happy November! Especially happy with this free printable November word search.
Other Monthly Fun Facts You'll Enjoy
Download The Free Printable November Fun Facts Sheet
Simply enter your name and email in the form below and you will be taken directly to the free downloadable fun facts sheet.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!