This printable Summer Reading Log Bookmark is certain to create a fun summer where your child reads for hours on end. Grab this free printable bookmarks.
The best part about this free Summer reading log? It’s the perfect day to get your children excited about reading during the summer!
Can you believe that Summer is here already? Where has the time gone? Now that the school year is done, it’s time to switch gears and think about all the ways to keep the kids reading all summer long.
Don’t miss our 101+ Free Kids Printables full of Crafts & Coloring Pages.
How to Log Summer Reading
If your children are anything like mine, they love to keep track of all the books that they read. This Summer printable gives them space to record the title of the book and keep track of how many books that they’re actually able to read over the summer break.
And if your child is an avid reader, you might need to print out a ton of these summer reading bookmarks! Because the more books that they read, the more titles that they’re going to have to fill out and keep track of.
Why is summer reading important?
In my opinion, reading is one of the most important ways to keep kids engaged and learning. Reading helps them focus in on the task at hand and also lets them use their imagination as well.
And since books seriously are a fun escape for kids to be able to dream about being in another land, reading during the summer months presents them with a totally fun way to explore and have adventures.
Ways to make reading fun
If your child is dragging their feet a little bit when it comes to reading, make it fun for them to want to read. You can think of fun reading games to play or even offer awards for their reading as well.
Positive motivation is a great way to have them reading their books from cover to cover!
Summer Reading Log
As you can see, this bookmark is simple and easy to use. Bookmarks are a great way to hold their page and also have them write down books that they’re excited about and even ones that they’re already read.
If you’re looking for a simple way to keep pages marked and keep kids motivated to read, these summer bookmarks are perfect for just that.
You should also think about laminating them and letting the kids write on them with a wipeable marker. That way once they fill it up, they can easily wipe it off and start over again.
The time is now to start encouraging the kids to pick up a book and read. And when it comes to motivation, everyone loves the thought of having their very own bookmark to mark their pages as well.
Grab Your Printable Summer Reading Bookmarks
Print off a fun summer reading bookmark for each kid and watch how much they use it over and over again!
HAPPY SUMMER READING!
Other Summer Crafts and Printables You Might Enjoy
- This free printable Summer bucket list for kids of all ages is full of all kinds of fun summer activities. Kids will love checking off the fun as they go.
- Looking for fun and free printable bee coloring pages, then look no further. We have a fun busy bee coloring page that kids of all ages with love.
- Follow along with The Adventures of Rockford T. Honeypot, the children’s book and these fun printable coloring pages.
- If you’re ready to get out and enjoy the beauty of Mother Nature, you need to be certain that you have this fun Camping Scavenger Hunt as well.
- Grab a piece of card stock and these colorful Happy Summer Printable Postcards and send someone you love a note through snail mail.
- Do not miss out on these printable 4th of July coloring pages! Not only are they great coloring sheets but they are really HAPPY coloring pages too.
- This boat craft for kids is a great Summer activity. Is there anything more fun than playing in water? We have free printable sails too!
- DIY Round Beach Blanket is the perfect blanket or beach towel for Summer. It is bright and fun and no sewing required. Perfect Summer Craft Project.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!