The Boysenberry Festival at Knotts Berry Farm is happening this month!
Last weekend the family and I attended Knott’s Berry Farm’s first day of the Boysenberry Festival as part of a media event. For those not familiar with Knott’s Berry Farm, it is an amusement park located in Orange County, not too farm from Disneyland.
The weather was spectacular and while the park was bustling with people due to Spring Break, the lines weren’t too bad. I get asked a lot about Knott’s Berry Farm and what I think of it compared to Disney and here is what I think. You can’t compare Disney to anything else really. Knott’s has some great roller coasters, far more than Disney. Camp Snoopy is the littler kid area and while the rest of the park doesn’t have a ton to do for kids under 42 inches, in that area there is plenty for them to do. They have shows and rides and the kids had an absolute blast.
The Boysenberry Festival
Onto the real reason we were there, the boysenberry festival. I mean we’re at Knott’s Berry Farm. They are known for their berries and they have some great boysenberry flavors throughout the park that are all delicious.I mean, look at all these deliciousness!!
This was the boysenberry panna cotta. Have you ever had panna cotta? It is mouse like substance that was so rich and creamy and delicious, I would go back for that alone!
In terms of the other dishes, I have a confession my friends. The husband woke up that morning not feeling great, so I ended up taking the kids on my own. When it was time to head over and start tasting all the deliciousness ourselves, one of my little loves got sick to her stomach. The jury is still out on whether it was what her Dad had or if it was the excitement and roller coaster fun of the day, in any case, the panna cotta was the only one I got to taste personally. I did however, after cleaning everyone up and getting ready to pack up, I spoke to a couple that had tasted all the treats and asked if I could get their opinions on the dishes. They said they were all really really good. They both agreed that the boysenberry ravioli was the best. The wings were their second favorite.
I feel terrible that I can’t tell you first hand about the remainder of the dishes, but I can tell you that if you are a foodie at all, and are looking to have some fun with your family, I definitely think that Knott’s Berry Farm is worth checking out. The festival runs till the 23rd.
Other HAPPY Events You Might Enjoy
- DELTA FAUCET #HAPPIMESS EVENT
- USA SWIMMING EVENT W/ DARA TORRES
- DOLE FALL BLOGGER SUMMIT FEATURING DISNEY’S FROZEN 2
- HELMETS ARE COOL EVENT
- SACRAMENTO MUSIC FESTIVAL
- #PETCUREANLOVE TOUR IN ENCINITAS
- MACY’S CULINARY COUNCIL CHEF MARCUS SAMUELSSON
- THE 7-DAY SWITCH UP
Other Southern California Destinations you might enjoy!
- VISITING THE LIVING DESERT
- WEEKEND GETAWAY TO IDYLLWILD
- VISITING SANTA MONICA PIER
- 5 REASONS TO VISIT AQUATICA SAN DIEGO, SEAWORLD’S WATERPARK
- STAYCATION ALL I EVER WANTED…
- EXPLORING CORONADO ISLAND + GIVEAWAY
Some of our favorite all time travels
- By Plane (Turks and Caicos, Jamaica, and Walt Disney World )
- By Train (WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE NAPA VALLEY WINE TRAIN)
- By Boat (Walt Disney Cruise)
- By Car (Phoenix Road Trip, Indian Wells, and San Diego Gaslamp)