A few weeks back, Made wit HAPPY Girl and I traveled to Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe for a fun Helmets Are Cool event for High Fives Foundation and Resort Time.
We spent the weekend in the magical winter wonderland of Squaw Valley, at the Red Wolf Lodge. The hotel was fabulous. Squaw Valley is all you could ask for in a ski/snowboard town, and we got to spend the afternoon with the wonderful folks from High Five Foundation, crafting and spreading the word that “Helmets are Cool.” For those that don’t know what the High Five Foundation is, it is a non-profit foundation that provides supports and resources to action sports athlets with life-altering injuries as well as raise awareness to injury prevention.For the Helmets are Cool event, we were simply collecting emails from folks and for every email collected, resort time donated $3 to High Five Foundation.It was awesome because Resort Time ended up donating $2500 to the High Five Foundation which will really make a difference!
I know for me as a parents I am adimate about the kids wearing helmets when on a bike or skateboard. It has not been till recently that I take the same approach when the kids are on the slopes. It really is just as important to protect both kid and adult heads when skiing and snowboarding as it is when off, and helmets really are cool!!
While at the event, we got to do what Made with HAPPY Girl and I do best, we got to craft up some helmet covers. You never want to decorate a helmet right on the helmet due to safety concerns as well as ] the integrity of the helmet. Solution to those looking to personalize, are some great inexpensive helmet covers.
Look at my sweets modeling the fun Pokeball helmet we made!
The event turned out great. The foundation recevied a good amount of money and I really do think there was some raised awareness about helmets. SUCCESS!
Other HAPPY Events You Might Enjoy
- DELTA FAUCET #HAPPIMESS EVENT
- USA SWIMMING EVENT W/ DARA TORRES
- DOLE FALL BLOGGER SUMMIT FEATURING DISNEY’S FROZEN 2
- HELMETS ARE COOL EVENT
- SACRAMENTO MUSIC FESTIVAL
- #PETCUREANLOVE TOUR IN ENCINITAS
- MACY’S CULINARY COUNCIL CHEF MARCUS SAMUELSSON
Other California Destinations you might enjoy!
- VISITING THE LIVING DESERT
- WEEKEND GETAWAY TO IDYLLWILD
- VISITING SANTA MONICA PIER
- 5 REASONS TO VISIT AQUATICA SAN DIEGO, SEAWORLD’S WATERPARK
- STAYCATION ALL I EVER WANTED…
- EXPLORING CORONADO ISLAND + GIVEAWAY
- Family Adventure to Moab Part 1
- Family Adventure to Moab Part 2
Some of our favorite all time travels
- By Plane (Turks and Caicos, Jamaica, and Walt Disney World )
- By Train (WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE NAPA VALLEY WINE TRAIN)
- By Boat (Walt Disney Cruise)
- By Car (Phoenix Road Trip, Indian Wells, and San Diego Gaslamp)