Spice up your plants and flowers with this fun fiesta-themed Piñata Planter. Turning your boring plants into fun and colorful first flower pots.
With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, I thought I would share with you a fun little DIY Piñata Planter project that is perfect table decor or if you're like me and ADORE piñatas, can be used all year long!
Cinco de Mayo is always a fun holiday to celebrate. If you enjoy it as much as we do, then you will not want to miss some of our other popular Cinco de Mayo (5th of May) craft posts including DIY Flower Crown, How To Make a Papel Picado, and Mini Rainbow Piñatas.
Have you all heard of this stuff called Oly*Fun? It's a great new material that is a cross between paper and fabric. The best part... it's water-resistant. AWESOME!!!!
I've been thinking about this great material and trying to decide on a project that not only optimizes the fun colors but I could use outside. That's when I thought, hey how about a pot pinata.
Well then after telling some friends that name they were like... umm, that sounds like a different kind of pot. Ooops. Nope, not what I was talking about, so now we're calling this little lady DIY Piñata Planters. 🙂
Here's how you make them.
- Hot Glue
- Terracotta Pot
How To Make a Piñata Planter
Cut a one-inch piece off each of your Oly-fun sheets.
Fold the one-inch piece in half longways.
Then fold in half again and again till you have it to a small size approximately one inch long.
Make a few cuts halfway through the width of the Oly-fun pieces that are folded up to create fringe.
Do the same for each color of the Oly-fun.
Add hot glue to the uncut part of the fringe and glue it to the planter.
Start from the bottom and work your way up.
Glue each piece till you make it to the top.
Add plant and viola!
*Note: Make sure there are drainage holes in your flower pots.
Celebration of Mexican Food and Drinks
- LOADED TATER TOT NACHOS RECIPE
- SPICY WATERMELON MARGARITA
- AL PASTOR MARINADED CHICKEN KABOBS
- THROWING A MARGARITAS PARTY
- CHURRO ICE CREAM TACO
- 3 INGREDIENT MARGARITAS
- CARNE ASADA POTATO SKINS
- Hot Glue
- Terracotta Pot
- Cut a one inch piece off each of your Oly-fun sheets.
- Fold the one inch piece in half long ways.
- Then fold in half again and again till you have it to a small size approximately one inch long.
- Make a few cuts half way through the width of the Oly-fun pieces that are folded up to create fringe.
- Do the same for each color of the Oly-fun.
- Add hot glue to the uncut part of the fringe and glue it to the planter.
- Start from the bottom and work you way up.
- Glue each piece till you make it to the top. Add plant and viola!
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!