With just a few simple ingredients, this red white and blue sangria is great to serve for any patriotic holiday. We also have a simple non-alcoholic version.
We love this Red, White and Blue Sangria for any patriotic holiday, but also like to enjoy it all Summer long!
4th of July Sangria
I am pumped about sharing this super delicious, super tasty cocktail with you. I made this Red, White and Blue Sangria Recipe LIVE on Facebook. It is part of a larger Make it (HAPPY) Monday series I have been producing.
I made this along with the Patriotic Punch recipe. Both are great Fourth of July drink options.
The live videos have been taking me out of my comfort zone for sure.
I am absolutely no purposely having all these major mess ups. Someone asked me if it was my shtick. Nope. I am just messing up that great on video.
I am excited to share with you all this Red, White & Blue Sangria recipe. It is delicious and great to make and bring with you to Memorial Day BBQ’s or July 4th celebrations. Plus they are super duper cute, and let’s get real, who does not love a super cute cocktail???
We have also sharing our quick and fun tutorial for the pom pom drink sticks that will dress up any drink.
Without further adieu, here is how you make our Red, White and Blue Sangria
Red, White & Blue Sangria Ingredients:
- White wine
- Sparkling lemonade
Making Red White and Blue Sangria
- Start by slicing the apples into fairly thin slices. Using a star cookie cutter, cut as many stars as you can from each apple slice. I love these star shaped cookie cutter set because they have a small star shape!
- Start with a large pitcher and add your dry white wine. You can use any white wine you like for this recipe. I went with a Pinot Grigio because of the light neutral flavor and lower acidity.
- Then add in your sparkling lemonade. You could also use flavored sparkling water, or ginger ale. I enjoy the sparkling lemonade as it has a bit more of the lemon tartness. You also add the vodka and berries to the pitcher and then into the refrigerator for 1-4 hours before serving.
Can I make this recipe with red wine?
Yes! That is the beauty of sangria. It can be made with many alternatives like making it a red wine sangria rather than a white wine.
There are many variations to this 4th of July Sangria recipe.
Adding simple syrup to your recipe can sweeten it up. Start with a tablespoon and add according to your preference.
Sangria is basically adding all ingredients in a pitcher. Come up with your favorite combination!
Can we turn this into a Mocktail (no alcohol)?
This recipe can absolutely be made without alcohol. As a matter of fact, I talk about that in the video.
Simply omit the vodka and replace the wine with a liter of your favorite lemon lime soda.
This makes for one HAPPY Patriotic Celebration if you serve this Red, White & Blue Sangria! You can also leave out the alcohol and make a red white and blue punch!
- 1 bottle white wine - I used Pinot Grigio
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling lemonade
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 large granny smith apples
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Start by slicing the apples into fairly thin slices. Using a star cookie cutter, cut as many stars as you can from each slice. I love these cookie cutter set!
- Start with a pitcher and add your white wine.
- You can use any dry white wine you like for this recipe. I went with a Pinot Grigio because of the light neutral flavor and lower acidity. You could also use a Sauvignon blanc, as it too is dry and refreshing.
- Then add in your sparkling lemonade. You could also use flavored sparkling water, or ginger ale. I enjoy the sparkling lemonade as it has a bit more of the lemon tartness.
- Add the vodka and berries to the pitcher and then into the refrigerator for 1-4 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 7gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
What fabulous Fourth of July Drinks do you like to make to celebrate?
HAPPY Memorial Day!! Happy 4th of July!!
Other Cocktails You Might Enjoy
- RASPBERRY PROSECCO COCKTAIL
- SHARK BITE DRINK
- 3 INGREDIENT MARGARITAS – EASY MARGARITA RECIPE FOR PARTY
- GREEN APPLE SANGRIA COCKTAIL RECIPE
- RUM GRAPEFRUIT COCKTAIL
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!