Celebrate the Chinese New and the Year of the Rabbit 2023 with these free printable coloring pages. Kids of all ages will have fun with these!
These 2023 Year of the Rabbit coloring pages are all kinds of fun and perfect for celebrating the Chinese New Year! Coming off the last year that was the year of the tiger.
Celebrating the Chinese New Year is always tons of fun with the kids. When looking for activities, coloring pages for kids, are always a fun and easy way to share in the celebration with little effort.
Coloring pages are some of our favorite things to do with the kids. If you love them too, then you won't want to miss our other popular Chinese New Year coloring pages including Dragon Coloring Pages, Happy Chinese New Year Activity Worksheets, Chinese New Year Color By Number, and Baby Dragon Coloring Page.
When Are The Years of The Rabbit
The Chinese New Year festival occurs every year in celebration of the new year based on the Chinese lunar calendar. In the Gregorian Calendar (the calendar we use), the Chinese New Year is a two-week celebration that starts in late January.
As part of the lunar calendar and the 12-year cycle, each lunar new year is represented by one of the 12 animals in the Chinese zodiac.
Chinese Zodiac Sign
Here is a fun depiction of the Chinese lunar years broken down by Chinese characters animals
Each year the Chinese New Year changes from one animal to the next. That next year is in celebration of the new animal and the personality it possesses.
Some in the Chinese culture believe (Chinese astrology) that those people born in the year of a specific animal's year possess personality traits similar to that animal's sign within the zodiac year.
2023 is The Year of the Rabbit
Here are the animals of the Chinese zodiac and the recent years they represent.
- Rat Zodiac - 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020
- Ox Zodiac - 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021
- Tiger Zodiac - 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022
- Rabbit Zodiac- 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011, 2023
- Dragon Zodiac - 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2024
- Snake Zodiac -1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, 2025
- Horse Zodiac - 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014, 2026
- Goat Zodiac - 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015, 2027
- Monkey Zodiac - 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016, 2028
- Rooster Zodiac - 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017, 2029
- Dog Zodiac - 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018, 2030
- Pig Zodiac - 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019, 2031
Year of the Rabbit Meaning
It is believed that those with the same birth year of the rabbit have similar personalities to the Chinese zodiac rabbit. The rabbit is the 4th position of the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac signs.
The rabbit's personality is considered calm, gentle, ambitious, and loving. Those born in the year of the rabbit are to reflect those same personality traits.
For all those born in the year of the rabbit, 2023 is your year!
There is a theory in the Chinese zodiac, called the Five Elements Theory. This theory has five elements - wood, fire, earth, metal, and water. It is believed that all the elements interact with each other.
While each year is associated with the 12 zodiacs, they are also associated with each of the five elements. With that, each zodiac and Chinese element occurs every 60 years. This year, 2023 is the year of the water rabbit. The last time there was a year of water rabbit was 60 years ago, in 1963.
The years of the rabbit have five different potential elements with characteristics of the sign of the rabbit.
Listed below are the different types of Rabbit Zodiacs, the years they occur, and some unique characteristics believed that the people that are born that year possess.
- Wood Rabbits - 1975, 2035 - Clever, Intelligent, Selfish, and quick to argue with friends over trivial things.
- Fire Rabbits - 1927, 1987 - Open-minded, intelligent, and flexible
- Earth Rabbits - 1939, 1999 - Straightforward, hard-working, and ambitious.
- Metal Rabbits - 1951, 2011 - Kind-hearted, cautious, lively, and enthusiastic
- Water Rabbits - 1963, 2023 - Gentle, courteous, adaptable.
Chinese New Year Activities With Kids
There are many fun ways to get the kids involved in the Chinese New Years' celebration. We of course love the idea of crafts, games, and coloring pages and attending any local festivities they might have.
Chinese New Year Coloring Pages
There is nothing more fun than celebrating a holiday with a coloring page. These 2023 Year of the Rabbit Coloring pages are some of our favorites. We have a rabbit coloring page as well as a fun tutorial on How to Draw a Rabbit in addition to these majestic creatures.
Chinese New Year is two weeks long and so it's great to have
Included in our free coloring pages are three different rabbits.
We love the floppy ears of this rabbit.
We love this Rabit's fierce ears.
This gentle face is fun with in-between-length ears!
Regardless of which of the three rabbit heads you like more, you are getting all with this sweet download.
Happy Chinese New Year, Happy New Year, and Happy Rabbit Year!
Check out these other Chinese New Year Printables!
Download Your Free Year of Rabbit Coloring Pages
Simply enter your name and email in the form below. You will then be taken directly to the printable file. If you do not feel comfortable entering your email, you can always grab the Chinese Rabbit Coloring Pages in our shop. printables in my shop here.
*For personal use only
Other Chinese New Years Activities You'll Love
- CHINESE DRAGON PUPPET KIDS CRAFT
- CHINESE DRUM - CHINESE NEW YEAR CRAFTS
- GIANT PAPER LANTERN DIY TUTORIAL
- RAINBOW FELT FORTUNE COOKIES CRAFT
- PAPER LANTERN DIY
- CHINESE NEW YEAR CRAFTS FOR KIDS
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!