These Easy Easter Cookie Cups Recipe is just the perfect dessert to serve this Easter. They are cute and delicious and a family favorite.
With Easter quickly approaching, these Easter Cookie Cups are an easy festive dessert you can make with just a few ingredients.
Easter is one of our favorite times of the year. You will not want to miss some of our other popular Easter treats including Easy Easter Marshmallow Pop Desserts, Chocolate Peep Brownies, and Easter Icebox Cake.
Easter Cookie Ideas
Easter is always a fun time to load up on the fun desserts with all the sweets and cookies.
Is it because of the end of Lent? Maybe!
Could it be because of all the yummy chocolates and candies filling all the Easter eggs? That could be it too.
No matter what the reason, we highly recommend bringing these Easter cookies to your Easter gathering and giving everyone something to smile about.
What you need to make these Easter Desserts
- Ready to bake chocolate chip cookie dough
- vanilla frosting
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- green food dye
- Cooking Spray
- Mini cupcake pan
- Wooden spoon
- 1M frosting tip (optional)
- Pastry bag or quart size plastic Ziplock bag
How to Make Cookie Cups
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Coat each cavity of mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
Break apart your cookie dough, and place one piece of cookie dough into each mini muffin cup.
Bake for 9-12 minutes, until the edges of the chocolate chip cookie cups are lightly brown or golden brown.
Remove from the oven. A shallow well should form in the center of each cookie cup once out of the oven. If not, use the end of the wooden spoon to make a small well for your frosting.
Let cookie cups cool for 10-15 minutes, leaving them in the mini cupcake pan.
Run a butter knife along the edge of each cookie cup to help release them from the pan.
Let them cool completely on wire rack.
Spoon frosting into a small bowl.
Add food coloring. Stir well.
(optional) Insert frosting tip into pastry bag or Ziploc bag. You cup the corner off if using a Ziploc bag.
Spoon frosting into pastry bag or Ziploc bag. Knead frosting down to the frosting tip.
Pipe frosting into each cookie.
Top each frosted cup with 2 Cadbury Mini Eggs.
Viola, the cutest and most easy Easter Dessert on this side of the Mississippi.
Variations To This Recipe You Might Enjoy
Other cookie variations to this recipe that are delicious include your favorite from-scratch chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies.
Another great variation is if you replace the cup portion with a mini cake recipe.
If you find you do not have store-bought frosting, you could make your own with cream cheese and sugar. Another delicious topping is adding food coloring to whipped cream and you have yourself another great cookie nest topping.
Lastly, if you do not have the Cadbury chocolate eggs, you could use mini marshmallows as a fun alternative.
Other Easter Treats
- These chocolate-covered Marshmallow Pops are a delicious dessert perfect for your Easter celebration. They are bright and cheery.
- Delicious Chocolate Peep Brownies are a sweet and simple dessert, perfect for any Easter celebration.
- Sweet treats like our Easter Icebox cake are great when looking for an easy no-bake recipe.
- Wake up to these sweet carrot cake donuts with cream cheese frosting.
- Spring colors are all kinds of fun with these rainbow rice krispie treats
Easter Printables and Kids Crafts You Might Also Enjoy!
- EASY EASTER SUNCATCHER CRAFT is one of the more simple Easter Craft, but always so much fun!
- Looking for a decoration that is both fun for the kids and inexpensive, then you will love this EASTER BUNNY WREATH
- HE HAS RISEN FLOWER POTS are great little reminders of what the holiday is all about.
- EASTER CENTERPIECES are perfect for a Spring tablescape.
- SUCCULENT EGG POTS are a Made with Happy favorite. They are rainbow and simple and the kids love putting them together.
- ONE DOLLAR EASTER CENTERPIECE cute and budget friendly.
- ● 1 package of ready to bake chocolate chip cookie dough (24 cookies)
- ● 1 can vanilla frosting
- ● 24 Cadbury Mini Eggs
- ● 6-10 drops green food dye
- ● Cooking Spray
- ● Mini cupcake pan
- ● Wooden spoon
- ● 1M frosting tip (optional)
- ● Pastry bag or quart size plastic Ziploc bag
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Coat each cavity of mini cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- Break apart your cookie dough, and place one piece of cookie dough into each mini cupcake cavity.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven. A shallow well should form in the center of each cookie cup once out of the oven. If not, use the end of the wooden spoon to make a small well for your frosting.
- Let cookie cups cool for 10-15 minutes, leaving them in the mini cupcake pan.
- Run a butter knife along the edge of each cookie cup to help release them from the pan.
- Spoon frosting into a small bowl.
- Add food coloring. Stir well.
- (optional) Insert frosting tip into pastry bag or Ziploc bag. You cup the corner off if using a Ziploc bag.
- Spoon frosting into pastry bag or Ziploc bag. Knead frosting down to the frosting tip.
- Pipe frosting into each cookie cup.
- Top each frosted cookie cup with 2 Cadbury Mini Eggs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 35gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Other Cookie Recipes You'll Love
- 21+ BEST HOLIDAY COOKIES
- LEPRECHAUN HAT COOKIES
- CHRISTMAS CACTUS COOKIES
- THE BEST RAINBOW RICE CRISPY TREATS
- FRUIT PIZZAS
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!