This beautiful Fall tree craft is great for kids of all ages. It combines colors of Fall, fall leaves, and paper Fall crafts to make one of the easiest and most lovely autumn tree art projects.
This sweet butterfly fall tree craft is all kinds of beautiful. These Autumn trees are full of all the fall colors and make great fall art projects.
Fun crafts are
Fall Craft Ideas
Fall is such a fun time to get the kids to work on different Fall crafts and art projects. The weather is cooling down, the apples are ripe, and the Fall leaves are all turning to some incredible shades.
With the weather cooling, we encourage the kids to get out in nature and have as many fall activities as they can. This is also a fun way to watch your own fall trees change, but it also provides lots of inspiration for some fun fall crafts.
This is a fun fall tree craft for kids and a great way to celebrate the changing of the leaves and the colorful trees throughout the fall months (September, October, and November). There are many fun autumn crafts like our DIY leaf bowl and apple tree hand print painting that celebrate the fall season.
We love all handprint crafts. There is something so precious as a parent showcasing your child's hand prints. While this simple craft is fun for
What You Need For This Leaf Craft
- Butterfly Hole Punch
- Fall Colored Construction Paper or Cardstock
- White Construction Paper
- Brown Crayon and or Markers
- Glue Stick
How to make this Fall Tree Craft
Start by hole punching as many butterflies out of the construction paper. We made orange, yellow, peach, and red leaves out of butterflies to represent a colorful fall tree.
You could also use tissue paper if you do not have different colored cardstock.
Next, you want to have your child put their hand on the bottom of the white paper so that it is about halfway to two-thirds the way up the paper.
Depending on the child's age, you can have them outline their hand or you can assist in outlining it for them.
Once you have it outlined, it's time to color it in with a brown marker or crayon.
Grab the glue stick and let them glue the butterflies to their tree.
We think it was fun when some of the butterflies were halfway off the paper.
Let it dry and viola, the end results in your child having created a Fall masterpiece that any loved one will treasure.
Do you love handprint art projects as much as I do?
Fall Tree Craft Preschool
The best part about this autumn tree craft is that you can easily change up the different aspects of the craft in case you don't have certain supplies.
Alternative to Butterfly Stamp
If you are looking for something different than the butterfly stamp as the fall tree leaves. A few fun ideas would be to use dot markers in the different colors of the leaves or cut leaf shapes out of scrap paper.
Alternative to the Coloring The Tree
This fun craft does require a fair amount of coloring. A replacement for drawing the hand right on the paper would be to draw the hand on brown paper and then cut it out.
Attach your new child's hand with brown construction paper to the paper as the outline of a tree, and that will be a perfect way to eliminate the coloring.
Another option is to paint the tree. Liquid watercolor paint or tempera brown paint can be a great activity for this handprint fall art project.
Other Fall Crafts and Fall DIYs You Might Enjoy
- CINNAMON STICK VOTIVES
- PRINTABLE HAPPY FALL Y'ALL SIGN
- PRINTABLE FALL COLORING PAGES – HAPPY FALL
- CANDY CORN LIMA BEAN WREATH
- PUMPKIN PIE SUGAR SCRUB
- SALT PAINTING – LEAF ART FOR KIDS
- Start by hole punching as many butterflies out of the construction paper. You could also use tissue paper if you do not have the different colored card stock.
- Next, you want to have your child put their hand on the bottom of the white paper so that it is about half way to two-thirds the way up the paper.
- Depending on the child's age, you can have them outline their hand or you can assist in outlining it for them.
- Once you have it outlined, its time to color it in with a brown marker or crayon.
- Grab the glue stick and let them glue the butterflies to their tree. We think its fun when some of the butterflies were half way off the paper.
- Let it dry and viola, your child has created a Fall masterpiece that our Mama hearts will treasure.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!