Sharing a fun Fall kids craft with this fabulous apple picking hand print painting. This toddler craft is a fun one for their little hands to get involved.
This hand print painting is a fun Fall arts and craft that both kids and parents will have fun doing.
If you love footprints and hand print painting crafts as much as we do, then you will not want to miss some of our other popular post including: Turkey Handprint, Spider Handprint Craft, Easter Bunny Footprint Craft, and Halloween Footprints.
Apple Picking Time
If you were raised in San Diego County, you are probably like me and grew up going to Julian in September for their Apple Festival. My parents would load up the car, buckle us in, and make the hour and a half trek up the Mountain.
We’d pick apples, shop for crafts, get treats from the little soda fountain shop, and end our day with apple pie and ice cream. My brother and I would sleep the whole way home.
Not sure how my parents did it, but I’m sure not ready to make that journey with my two littles. Not yet anyway. Instead, we have our own version of apple picking time.
Today, the kids and I had a little reading time (One of Dylan's favorite books is Up Up Up! It's Apple Picking Time by Jody Shapiro), craft time, and followed it up with yummy apple slices to celebrate the season.
Child Handprint Art
The kids love fun handprint paint art projects as much as parents love the great keepsake it makes.
There is something so fun to pull these keepsakes out each holiday, in this case Fall, and showcase it with your other decoration.
We love to pull this one at the beginning of Fall and leave it up through Thanksgiving.
What you Need to Make Hand Print Paintings
- red acrylic paint
- white paper
- glue stick
- green and brown scraps
- wet wash cloth (for clean up)
- miniature hands (for stamping)
We all took turns stamping our hands (even momma got one in there).
Next you cut the hand prints out. and glue them to a clean piece of paper in bunches.
Add a stems, leaves and a basket out of construction paper, and you have yourself some cut little
Hand Print Painting Apples
How do you like them apples?
We love keeping this keepsake in our Fall decorations and pulling it out each year. It makes my heart swell every time I look at those little handprints and remember when they were itty bitty and how much fun we had. Plus it makes for a great refrigerator art work.
Other Fall Crafts You Might Enjoy
- Print out these fun Apple Facts For Kids and take them with you to the orchards.
- Have fun with leaves and this Leaf Bowl DIY
- These DIY Cinnamon Holiday Candles are easy to make and great as Thanksgiving place settings.
- Salt Paintings - Leaf Art For Kids
- Wood and leaves and paint make for a sweet Happy Fall DIY Sign
- Turning a bag of lima beans into a fun Fall themed candy corn wreath.
- Start by painting on the red paint onto the palm of your child's hand.
- Stamp them all over one piece of the white paper.
- Next you cut the hand prints out. and glue them to a clean piece of paper in bunches.
- Add a stems, leaves and a basket out of brown and green construction paper and glue them on top of your apple bunch.
- You have yourself some cut little apple picking handprint basket.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!