Celebrating the spooky holiday with this super fun Halloween Haunted House Craft. With this free printable template and some imagination, this Halloween craft will make for a super HAPPY Halloween.
We are excited to share with you this fun Halloween craft for younger kids and kids of all ages. These make easy Halloween crafts as they only use simple supplies to make the finished craft.
Halloween is one of our favorite times of the year and there is so much fun to be had whether it's our bat paper puppet, witch paper doll, our You've Been Booed neighbors gift, or our free printable Halloween Bingo.
Want to save this project?
Enter your email below, and then we'll send it straight to your inbox. Plus get awesome new projects from us each week.
Whether it's the added spider webs or bats flying around, there is something so fun and creepy about haunted houses for Halloween.
Growing up, we had this Victorian-style home that sat by at the top of the hill away from the rest of the neighborhood. We never saw anyone come or go from the house and so there was no doubt in our minds it was a haunted house.
That house, which I would love to own as an adult, was the inspiration behind this fun easy paper craft. Don't miss our other Easy Halloween Crafts like friendly ghosts crafts, black cats coloring pages, and footprint Frankenstein Craft.
Spooky Haunted House Craft Supplies
- Free Printable Haunted House (end of this post)
- Markers or Crayons
- Tape or Glue stick
- Foam Halloween Stickers (optional)
How to Make This Cute Haunted House Craft
First start by downloading and printing the haunted house on construction paper or cardstock.
Next, let your child's creativity run wild and have them color their house.
My kids love using both markers and crayons. It gives all the Halloween characters some dimension.
This is also where you can encourage their creativity. Add stickers or draw additional Halloween characters. There is never too much creativity when it comes to this Halloween craft.
Next, it's time to cut out the walls and the roof.
Cutting with Scissors
There are so many benefits to children learning to use scissors and do the cutting out themselves. Scissors help children with their focus, build their hand muscles, and increase their visual and fine motor skills.
If your child is really small, then you can of course help them cut it out, but I recommend getting them a kid's pair of scissors and letting them cut it out themselves.
There is one little piece that we recommend cutting off the roof pieces to make it so the roof folds properly.
Fold your roof along the dotted lines and then tape or glue it shut.
Tape the walls together into a tube shape (like a toilet paper roll) and then place the roof on top!
Viola, your own Haunted Houses!
Adding foam stickers or Halloween stickers are also fun ideas but optional. You can also add a tea light under the haunted to see the house silhouettes, but the best idea is to use a battery-operated tea light so as not to have an open flame.
We hope your kids and you enjoy this haunted house craft as much as we do!
Other Halloween Free Printables You'll Enjoy
- Looking for a fun easy idea for the kids this Halloween? Then come print out our free Halloween Scavenger Hunt.
- Trick or Treat Halloween Printable – Decorating for Halloween is always fun when you can place a few printable signs in with your hanging frames.
- Whether you are headed to a friend’s for a Halloween party or over for a girl's night, these You’ve Been Boozed – Halloween Printables are all kinds of wine delight.
- Looking to cook up your next fun DIY Costume? Then look no further than this quick and easy DIY Instant Pot Halloween Costume Tutorial.
Download Your Haunted House Template
Enter your name and email address in the form below and you'll be taken directly to the free printable haunted house template pdf file.
*For personal use only
- First start by downloading and printing the haunted house on construction paper or cardstock.
- Next, let your child’s creativity run wild and have them color their house in.
- This is also where you can encourage their creativity. Add stickers or draw additional Halloween characters. There is never too much creativity when it comes to this Halloween craft.
- Next its time to cut out the walls and the roof.
- There is one little piece that we recommend cutting off the roof to make so the roof folds properly.
- Fold your roof along the dotted lines and then tape or glue it shut.
- Tape the walls together into a tub shape (like a toilet paper roll) and then place the roof on top!
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products on my Amazon storefront here!