Have fun learning how to use a straw to create a Watercolor Blow Paint Monsters kid's craft activity! Easy and fun for kids of all ages!
Have you ever tried to blow a painting with a straw? It's so much fun! Kids love it and honestly, so do I. We made some watercolor blow paint monsters and they turned out so cute and silly.
It's a great art activity for kids with an added sensory element. Great for working on blowing and experimenting with how air makes things move. Read on to learn how to easily set up and make this blow painting craft.
Halloween is a great time to get out the art supplies and have some fun with the kids. There are so many fun abstract art projects you can do with watercolors.
Halloween happens to be one of the most fun as there are lots of fun creatures and monsters your kids can create using their imagination.
Watercolor painting is always a fun idea and it gives the kids a lot of variation in color and size (depending on the water) of their monster.
How to Make Watercolor Blow Paint Monsters with a Straw
To make this easy watercolor blow paint monster craft you need just a few materials. You probably already have all of these things on hand. Here's what you need:
- construction paper, card stock, or watercolor paper
- googly eyes
- black permanent marker or pen
- plastic straw - drinking straw
First, start by adding some watercolor paint drops to the sheet of paper using a paint brush. I added a few extra drops of water to make it easier.
Then, using the straw your child will blow the paint and make the paint move. It starts to move in different directions making funky shapes.
Repeat this as many times are you want on the paper using whatever different colors you want on your monster painting. We chose to do rainbow colors on one sheet. Play around with adding more water and less with each color. This rainbow blow painting is giving us all HAPPY smiles.
Let the watercolor dry and then glue on googly eyes and draw on features using the black marker.
Have extra fun with this part! Remember you're making silly monster paintings so they can have as many eyes and mouths as you want.
Looking for another colorful and easy kids craft idea? Check out this Rainbow Name Craft for Kids.
When you're done you have a really cute collection of funny-looking friendly monsters! We hope you are your kids enjoyed this new painting technique and the
What Kind of Paint Do you use for Straw Painting?
The easiest paint to use with blow painting with straws is liquid watercolor paint. General watercolor paints work just as well as liquid watercolors, just make sure there is a fair amount of water.
If you do not have any watercolor, you can use watered-down tempera paint or watered-down acrylic paints as well as watered-down food coloring. Liquid paint
Other Halloween Crafts You'll Enjoy
- MAKE YOUR OWN SPOOKY CUTE FREE PRINTABLE HALLOWEEN TREAT BAGS
- BUILD A BAT ACTIVITY WITH A FREE PRINTABLE TEMPLATE
- HALLOWEEN BOOKMARK - ALIEN CRAFT
- MONSTER CANDY BOXES
- FREE PRINTABLE HALLOWEEN MASKS FOR KIDS - 6 SPOOKY TEMPLATES
- construction paper or card stock
- googly eyes
- black marker or pen
- plastic straw
- First, start with adding some watercolor to the paper. I added a little extra water to make it easier. Then, using the straw your child will blow the paint. It starts to move in different directions making funky shapes. Repeat this as many times are you want on the paper. We chose to do rainbow colors on one sheet. Play around with adding more water and less with each color
- Let the watercolor dry and then glue on googly eyes and draw on features.
- Have extra fun with this part! Remember you're making silly monsters so they can have as many eyes and mouths as you want.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!