This super fun star craft for kids can be fun for kids of all ages. Out of this world, sponge craft is simple yet fun!
Simple and spectacular is what this star crafts for preschool project is all about.
Fun paint arts and crafts projects are some of our favorites. Some of our other paint projects that you will for sure want to check out include Painted Alphabet Rock Magnets, Ladybug Rock Painting, Water Gun Painting, Making Puffy Paint with Sand, and our Painted Oil Pan DIY.
Star Art Project
There is something fun about a simple star-shaped project.
A star project is one that can be done throughout the year.
If your kids are studying the solar system or outer space. It would be great as one of our July Crafts too in celebration of Independence Day. Or it would be fun as the topper to a Christmas Tree Paint Project too.
There are many great ways for kids are learning about shapes and have fun with these twinkle twinkle little star craft project!
This is also great as a Christmas Star Craft or New Year's Eve project.
No matter the celebration, this sweet and simple star art project will be one that will not only help improve those fine motor skills but also look great on the refrigerator.
Supplies Needed For Star Craft
- Black cardstock or construction paper
- Acrylic paint - yellow, white
How to Make this Star Craft For Kids
Begin by drawing simple star shapes on the sponge with a marker. You’ll want two stars of different sizes, so one larger and one small star. You should be able to get two out of one sponge.
If drawing a star shape is a challenge you can outline a star cookie cutter or have a friend help you draw them.
Cut out the stars.
Spread yellow and white paint on a flat surface. A paper plate works, or just a flat scrap piece of cardstock.
Dip a sponge in the yellow paint. Make sure all the tips of the sponge are covered completely with paint. Stamp the sponge on your black paper. Carefully remove the stamp.
Keep stamping across the page.
Then, do the same with the other sponge and white paint.
Finally, load a paintbrush with yellow paint.
Use another paintbrush to tap on the handle of the brush, splattering paint across the stars like an explosion of twinkling lights in the sky.
You have yourself fun and easy star crafts. Don't forget to let the sheet of paper dry before
A simple craft with a star theme can be so much fun.
Happy Star Bright and Happy Crafting!
Other Star Crafts You'll Love
- Yarn Wrapped Star Ornament
- Star Wars Craft
- Star of David Printable
- Cut and Fold Paper Stars - From Mini Eco
- Kite Paper Stars - From PlayfulLearning
- Star New Years Wreath
- Begin by drawing simple star shapes on the sponge with a marker. You’ll want two stars of different sizes, which you should be able to get out of one sponge.
- Cut out the stars.
- Spread yellow and white paint on a flat surface. A paper plate works, or just a flat scrap piece of cardstock.
- Dip a sponge in the yellow paint. Make sure all the tips of the sponge are covered completely with paint. Stamp the sponge on black cardstock. Carefully remove the stamp.
- Keep stamping across the page.
- Then, do the same with the other sponge and white paint.
- Finally, load a paintbrush with yellow paint.
- Use another paintbrush to tap on the handle of the brush, splattering paint across the stars like an explosion of twinkling lights in the sky.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!