Craft a stunning patriotic star wreath using paper plates! Learn how to create a star-themed decoration for your home. Perfect for the 4th of July!
This Patriotic Star Wreath is a fun craft for kids of all ages to celebrate all things America, freedom, and independence. Have some crafting for flag day, memorial day, and the 4th of July.
Whether you are looking to add a touch of patriotic charm to your home decor or a fun craft for the kids this Summer, look no further!
Check out below as we walk you through the delightful craft of making a Patriotic Paper Plate Star Wreath. This DIY project is not only fun and easy but also perfect for celebrating special occasions like Independence Day, Memorial Day, or Veterans Day. Gather your supplies and let's dive into this creative adventure!
4th of July Fun
The 4th of July is a time of vibrant celebrations and lively festivities, and what better way to enhance the patriotic spirit than by engaging in some exciting activities? As you create your stunning Patriotic Paper Plate Star Wreath, why not incorporate some 4th of July fun into your day? Here are a few ideas to make this holiday even more memorable:
- Host a Backyard BBQ: Fire up the grill and invite friends and family for a delightful backyard barbecue. Hey, our star wreath will even make a fantastic centerpiece for your outdoor table!
- Organize a Patriotic Craft Station: Set up a craft station where guests of all ages, can get creative and make star wreaths, popsicle stick flags, uncle sam craft, or take a break from the sun and color with our 4th of July coloring pages.
- Patriotic Games and Activities: Have some classic 4th of July games and activities to keep the excitement going. Cornhole, water balloon toss, or challenge each other to a spirited game of capture the flag. These activities will not only bring all kinds of giggles and friendly competition but all kinds of fun.
Remember, the 4th of July is a time to celebrate freedom, unity, and the birth of a nation. So, as you proudly display your Patriotic Paper Plate Star Wreath, embrace the spirit of this special day by engaging in 4th of July fun with your loved ones.
Check Out These Other 4th of July Activities!
Paper Plate Crafts
Paper plates are more than just a dining essential, especially during the Summer months when all you're doing is eating outdoors.
They are a gateway to a world of creativity and artistic expression. Discover the endless possibilities that these simple, accessible, and budget-friendly materials offer. From wreaths and masks to animal figures and mobiles, unleash your imagination and embrace the artistry of paper plate crafts.
Whether you're a seasoned crafter or a beginner looking for a fun project, paper plate crafts are the perfect way to engage all ages and add a touch of creativity to any occasion. This fun paper plate star wreath is just one great way to have fun with these versatile items.
Don't miss our full list of paper plate crafts that all ages will enjoy!
Supplies For the 4th of July Wreath
How to Make Star Wreath
Start with a paper plate. If you can find colored paper plates like these red, ones, awesome.
If you start with a white paper plate, then paint the plate the color of your choosing. We painted ours red.
Once the paint is dry, have an adult carefully insert the pointy tip of the scissors into the center of the plate and cut out the inner circle, leaving a ring.
Now, either print out the star pattern template (at the bottom of the post), or draw your own simple stars on the patriotic color cardstock of your choice. We even found some foam stars at our local Dollar Tree.
Glue the stars on the paper plate.
Add a small piece of twine to the top of the star wreath.
Viola, a complete patriotic star wreath.
Another variation could be gluing the stars around the entire wreath.
We hope you enjoy this red, white, and blue wreath.
Other Fun Wreaths
- New Years Star Wreath
- Paper Straw Wreath
- Paper Plate Heart Wreath
- Egg Carton Flower Wreath
- Apple Wreath
Download Free Star Template
Enter your name and email address in the form below and you'll be taken directly to the star template pdf file.
*For personal use only.
- Start with a paper plate. If you can find colored paper plates like these red, ones, awesome.
- If you start with a white paper plate, then paint the plate the color of your choosing. We painted ours red.
- Once the paint is dry, have an adult carefully insert the pointy tip of the scissors into the center of the plate and cut out the inner circle, leaving a ring.
- Now, either print out the star pattern template (at the bottom of the post), or draw your own simple stars on the patriotic color cardstock of your choice. We even found some foam stars at our local Dollar Tree.
- Glue the stars on the paper plate.
- Add a small piece of twine to the top of the star wreath.
- Viola, a complete patriotic star wreath.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products on my Amazon storefront here!
PATRIOTIC PAPER PLATE STAR WREATH
PIN IT TO YOUR DIY BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADE WITH HAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!