Looking for a fun way to show your LOVE this Valentines? How about these sweet individual heart pinatas.
Individual Heart Pinata
Add your own special treats inside and give it to a friend or sweetie!
Okay, here is how you make it.
- Poster Board x 2
- Heart Shape Stencil (I used a bowl I had) - You of course could do free hand as well
- Crepe paper (streamers) or tissue paper
- Candy and toys
bowl stencil draw the heart on a piece of poster boardHolding the two pieces of poster board together, cut through both pieces and cut out the drawn heart. This will give you identical size shapes on both sides.
Next you have to measure the length of the outside of your heart. I used a piece of thread and just placed it along the edges of the heart around the entire thing.
Once you know the length of the outside of the heart, you will need to cut the unused end of the poster board to that length. I cut this piece at 2 inch wide. You may need it longer than the poster board length, but don't worry it doesn't have to be all one piece. It will be taped together underneath, so go ahead and measure it out in two pieces of poster board.Then using your tape, attach the 2 inch piece of poster board to the heart.Before you begin to tape on the second heart, using a hold puncher or your scissors, make two holes at the top to towards the "V" section of the heart. This will allow you to hang the pinata later.
Also it is at this point you can do one of two things. You can fill the pinata with the candy now and then attach the other heart. Or you can leave a space at the top of the pinata near the "V" open so that you can fill it later.
Attach the second heart. Now the mold for the pinata is complete.We then used the dollar store crepe paper streamers. The easiest way we found was to cut a piece of the streamer about 3 feet long. Then fold it in half and then in half again and then in half again. From there, we cut it in half length wise so that each piece was only maybe an inch thick. Then using the scissors, ever half a centimeter make a cut half way through the width of the streamer. Then unfold and use.With the fringe side down, using your clear tape, tape the fringed streamers to the pinata. Start at the bottom and work your way up! I found it the easiest to cover each of the heart sides individually, and then using 2 inch pieces apply the fringe to the sides of the pinata.You now have a lovely pinata. Grab your favorite candy and toys and filled the piñata.
These are great pinatas for birthday parties, Valentine's Day party,
For the lettering portion of the pinata. I don't own any stencils in the size that would fit the pinata, so I fee hand drew the letters for my message on red felt. If you have stencils, go ahead and use them here.Simple white glue will attach the felt letters to the pinata. Once you have them centered. Using a simple yarn or twine, now feed it through the holes you've made at the top. Viola, you have yourself an Individual Heart Shaped Piñata!
Looking for other Valentines Day Crafts and Printables?
- Bubble Valentine Printable are a great preschool Valentines or kindergarten Valentines.'
- These conversation heart glasses are all kinds of fun for the kids
- This free Valentines Cards With Pencils is a great Valentines idea for those not looking to spend too much money. Grab a package of pencils at the dollar store and this printable and you have yourself a fun little cheap Valentines.
- Yo-Yo Valentines are great non-candy Valentines. Plus yo-yo’s are way fun!!
- Another awesome preschool valentines idea with play-doh. These Play Doh Valentines are sweet and oh so easy to pair with every kids favorite, play-doh
- My kids are in love with Disney’s Tsum Tsum and so I put together a fun Tsum Tsum Printable Valentines for my kids to hand out their favorite Disney Valentines!
- Birdseed Heart Valentines + Free Printable is always fun to make and hand-out. Valentines of all ages love these cute birdseed hearts along with a fun free printable.
Other Valentines Day Themed Cards
- Life would Succ without you! Valentines Day Succulents are great as a Valentines Gift or gift for anytime of year.
- These “You’re Sweet” Valentines DIY Candy Bar Wrappers are great for co-workers or any friend you want to give something sweet.
- Giving your teacher a Valentines is always a challenge. We have you covered with this super sweet Sweetheart Flower DIY + Free Printable .
- Another all time favorite Valentines Kids Crafts – DIY Gumball Valentines + Free Printable
- This post is sharing a fun kids DIY project of making your own pencils and then pairs it with our fun pencil printable – Twig Pencil Valentines
- Homemade Marshmallow Valentines + Free Printable are great for those kids that want to make something themselves to hand out. They are a big hit regardless if there is snow outside.
- I do not know about you, but this Hot Chocolate on a Stick – Valentines is all kinds of fun and yummy for both kids and adults. If there are people that do not like hot chocolate… on a stick, then we do not even want to know them.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!