These loaded tater tot skewers are one of those appetizers that makes the most epic Super Bowl food.
We love parties and especially ones where there are lots of different YUMMY foods served. Looking for a mouthwatering appetizer to bring to your Super Bowl Party?
Wanting an alternative to a Tater Tot Casserole? Looking for a delicious Tater Tot Appetizer? We're serving up these loaded tater tot skewers that are guaranteed to be a hit with party-goers!
Also, Check Out our 20 SUPER BOWL APPETIZERS THAT WILL SCORE BIG
Super Bowl Foods and Appetizers
There is something so comforting about the food served while watching the big game.
As a party host, I am always looking for the best crowd-pleaser party appetizers.
In enviably it's a slow cooker recipe or a cheesy dip. Of course, the sweet and sour dipping sauces and all the different hot wing chicken wing recipes are a hit as well.
No matter what, you will have the happiest party guest if you serve up these cheesy, bacon, loaded tater tot appetizer recipes. Added bonus is the prep time is minimal for these delicious appetizers.
What you need to make Loaded Tater Tots
- Bag of Tater Tots
- Bacon, chopped
- Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Ranch seasoning
- Green Onions (optional)
How to make Loaded Tater Tot Skewers
Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
Spread your tots with a single layer on a large baking sheet. If you want to line your cookie sheet with parchment paper, you absolutely can. This will ensure they do not stick to your sheet.
Cook your tater tots according to directions until golden brown in color. Ours was in a 425-degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
While the tater tots are cooking, I recommend cooking your bacon. We love crispy bacon from the oven, but you certainly could use bacon bits for this recipe as well.
Once you pull the tater tots out of the oven, let them cool for approximately 2-5 minutes until you can skewer them onto the skewers. I suggest 6-7 per skewer. Aren't they so perfect as a Tater Tot Tailgate Recipe?
Once on the skewers and on the pan.
Sprinkle ranch seasoning over each of the tater tots.
Then, sprinkle the bacon and then the cheese over the top of the tater tots.
Place into the oven for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is fully melted and golden in color.
Remove from oven and serve.
We love serving this Tater Tot Appetizer with a sour cream ranch dip.
Simply add ranch seasoning to the sour cream and stir and it creates a ranch dressing dip.
I'm telling you, your guests are going to go bonkers over these babies. I mean, there is BACON!
Tater Tot Questions
Here are a few questions you might be thinking about before you get started on this:
That is the beauty of tater tots. You do not need to put anything on them when putting them in the oven. They are pre-cooked and so simply pour from the bag into the sheet pan. Then what you put on top of them once they are out is up to you.
Simply set your air fryer to 400 degrees and cook a full bag for 15 minutes. Then shake them up every five minutes.
If you are looking to make extra crispy tots, I like to spray a little cooking spray on them before I put them in the oven. Makes them have a crispy exterior and then they hold onto the skewer better.
While you can absolutely microwave tater tots to warm them, I do not recommend microwaving them for this recipe. In the microwave, they will not get crispy. You will need crispy tater tots for them to stay on the skewer.
Check out these other Tater Tot Appetizers!
How Far Ahead Can I Make Tater Tot Skewers
Frozen tater tots are typically already cooked, and so when you are cooking them the first time, you are simply heating them up.
If you are looking to save some time and do some of the work beforehand, I would recommend heating and skewering the tots up to a few hours before. Then load them up and melt the cheese right before serving.
Other Game Day Appetizer
Looking for game day appetizers that are sure to wow your guest, then look no further.
- CHEESEBURGER MEATBALLS are all the deliciousness of cheeseburgers but in a bite size.
- CAMPFIRE NACHOS are not only great when camping. They are delicious appetizer at any time of year.
- Carne asada fries are a food group to us in San Diego. These CARNE ASADA POTATO SKINS are our spin on this San Diego favorite.
- If you love risotto, then you are going to love these CHEESY BUTTERNUT SQUASH RISOTTO BALLS
- BLOODY MARY BITES are not for the faint of heart or for anyone under 21. 🙂
- SMASH POTATOES are great for every day side dish or to serve on game day!
- These LEFTOVER CHEESY MASHED POTATO BITES are all the cheesy goodness you ever wanted in an appetizer.
- Our CHEESY PANCETTA POTATO STACKS are salty and cheesy and all kinds of deliciousness.
- If you love chicken Parmesan, then you will love these CHICKEN PARMESAN BITES
- CHEDDAR FRIED RAVIOLI are one of my families favorites for all occasions.
- AL PASTOR MARINADED CHICKEN KABOBS this is a chicken spin on a traditional Mexican pork dish. Its delicious.
- CHICKEN POT PIE BITES is another fan favorite. Its all the tasty goodness of chicken pot pies, but in a bite (or two) size.
- The kids adore these MINI HAM AND CHEESE HAND PIES. I like to make these for afternoon snack or as family game day finger foods.
- GRILLED BRUSSEL SPROUTS APPETIZERS Grilling Brussel sprouts is a great way to serve vegetables to your guest.
Cocktails to Accompany Your Tater Tot Appetizer
Looking for a few delicious cocktails to serve alongside your tater tot bombs? Here are a few of our favorite cocktails.
- Raspberry Prosecco Cocktail
- Chocolate Mojito Cocktail
- Rum Grapefruit Cocktail
- Blood Orange Champagne Cocktail
- Bag of Tater Tots
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- Cook your tater tots according to directions until golden brown in color. Ours was in a 425 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
- After you pull the tots out of the oven, let cool for approximately 2-5 minutes until you can skewer them onto the skewers. I suggest 6-7 per skewer.
- Once on the skewers and on the pan, sprinkle ranch dressing over each of tater tots.
- After that, sprinkle on the bacon and the cheese.
- Put the pan back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is fully melted and golden in color.
- Finally, remove from oven and serve.
Serving Size:12 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 780Saturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 2868mgCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 49g
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!