Get creative with our M is for Mouse Craft! Explore a fun and educational craft activity for kids, combining the joy of crafting with learning the alphabet.
This M is For Mouse Craft is a fun craft with free printable templates for both young kids and older kids!
Are your kids Team Jerry or Team Tom? Mine cheer for Jerry all day, every day. So, when I had to teach them the letter M, I decided to use M for Mouse (as in Jerry) to keep them interested. And it worked. We aced at letter recognition and learned to write both the uppercase letter m and the lowercase letter m.
So, if you have any tiny rodent lovers in the house, this mouse craft will work for you!
What's more, this letter craft will help your little boo improve their fine motor skills. It's a great way to practice tracing, cutting, and pasting.
Let's get started.
Tips to Make the Letter M Craft Easy
Since this craft is for preschoolers and kindergartners, you'd want to keep it as easy as it gets. Children in that age group are still learning to grip their scissors properly. So, keep the cutting as simple as possible.
Here are a few helpful tips:
- Use construction paper for both mouse and letter M cutouts. It is soft and comes in every color under the sun.
- For the letter M, draw continuous dotted lines or use readymade letter stencils to trace on paper.
- If you want your kids to do the cutting, give them blunt-edged scissors and offer a little help.
Adding Some Alphabet Fun
Alphabet crafts are important preschool crafts. They help your child recognize the letter, which later helps them read as well as the fact that they are great fine motor activities. So, make sure you make it fun.
The best way is to give the kids fun craft supplies like popsicle sticks, pom poms, stickers, buttons, glitter, googly eyes, etc. Let them decorate their little mouse friend the way they like it.
You can also add a story time to your craft time. Read them their favorite books based on a mouse, like Baby Squeaks by Anne Hunter, A House for Mouse by Jady Jensen Shaffer, or Lilly's Big Day by Kevin Henkes.
If your young ones enjoy movies, you always have The Little Stuart.
Add some outdoor fun by taking your kids on a field trip. It's a hands-on way of learning. Go look for little mice in your backyard. It'll be a perfect activity for the entire family.
You can also set up a mouse habitat in your yard, add some food and water, and wait for any unsuspecting visitors. Get your kiddos some binoculars so they can observe the wildlife up close.
Check Out These Other Alphabet Crafts!
Letter M Craft Supplies
- Free Letter M Printable Template (at bottom of post)
- Light Pink Construction Paper
- Black Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Glue Stick
- Pair of Scissors
Making the M is For Mouse Letter Craft
Start by printing the letter m worksheets free template from the bottom of the page. Cut out each of the craft pieces of the template.
Trace the M onto the black paper as well as the larger circles. Then trace the smaller circles and the nose shape from the pink piece of paper. The two small white rectangle will stay in the white paper from the printable.
Cut out each of the traced pieces.
Next, you will glue the pink circles (inner ear) to the slightly larger black circles (outer ear).
Glue each of the ears to the outer top of the M.
Lastly, glue the nose to the middle part of the M. Then glue the two white rectangles (mouse teeth) under the nose. And the final touch is to glue on the googly eyes. And voila, you have a cute mouse craft!
Animal Alphabet Crafts
This fun addition to a letter of the week craft. Here are our other uppercase Letters A through Z Alphabet Animal PreschoolCrafts.
We highlighted this Back To School Craft along with some other fun kid's crafts in our September Crafts and November Crafts in celebration of Fancy Rat & Mouse Day - November 12th as well as our 101+ Crafts for Kids.
Other Fun Letter M Crafts
Alphabet activities are a fun way to keep children busy. But one craft alone might not have an impact as good as multiple activities.
So here are a few more craft ideas to make your letter mm crafts unit even better:
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin
- Maple Leaf Origami
- Mummy Paper Plate Craft
- Monster Craft
- Mother's Day Crafts
- March Crafts
- May Crafts
Download Free Printable M is For Mouse Template
Enter your email address in the form below and you'll be taken directly to the free printable mouse upper case letter M template digital file.
*For personal use only
- Start by printing the letter m worksheets free template from the bottom of the page. Cut out each of the craft pieces of the template.
- Trace the M onto the black paper as well as the larger circles. Then trace the smaller circles and the nose shape from the pink piece of paper. The two small white rectangles will stay on the white paper from the printable.
- Cut out each of the traced pieces.
- Next, you will glue the pink circles (inner ear) to the slightly larger black circles (outer ear).
- Glue each of the ears to the outer top of the M.
- Lastly, glue the nose to the middle part of the M. Then glue the two white rectangles (mouse teeth) under the nose. And the final touch is to glue on the googly eyes. And voila, you have a cute mouse craft!
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products on my Amazon storefront here!
M is For Mouse Craft
PIN IT TO YOUR DIY BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW MADE WITH HAPPY ON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!