Turning a few supplies you have at home into a fun and easy dinosaur craft. Quick and easy kids' crafts that can be made in under 30 minutes.
This could possibly be the cutest dinosaur craft we've ever made!
Creating a fun dinosaur craft with simple crafts that you most likely have at home. Have some prehistoric fun with this cardboard craft for kids of all ages.
In our house, we are all about dinosaurs. Don't miss our other fun dinosaur crafts and DIY activities including Dinosaur Bingo, Paper Dinosaur Craft, Dinosaur Coloring Page, 15+ Lego Crafts, Toy Animal DIY, and Michaels Creativity Camp.
I'll just say that at our house we LOVE dinosaurs! I'm pretty sure every kid has a dinosaur phase. I feel like my son and daughter, who are older kids, are still in their dinosaur-loving phase. This pom dinosaur craft is a fun and easy project that will fill the void in your life for a dinosaur-themed craft that will be loved by all!
At our house, we have a sensory bin with all kinds of fun objects for sensory play. Some of the things we use for this adorable art project we can pull right from our sensory bin!
We need some pom poms, egg cartons, and paper plates, along with using the free printable, making this kids' craft the perfect fit for us. It’s really entertaining when making this dinosaur craft to put together an extra dinosaur or two and then you can have dinosaur puppets!
Don't miss our How to Draw a Dinosaur Tutorial
Fun Dinosaur Activities
You can create a dinosaur egg, add some dinosaur bones and keep your little (or big) paleontologists busy in dinosaur play for a few hours! Once you get some soft pom poms out of the bin, your kids' creativity will get flowing and I'm sure they'll think of even more fun ideas for their DIY dinosaur friend!
Dinosaur art is a really enjoyable kid's craft for all ages. Since we have the printable dinosaur included here, it makes this DIY project super easy. When your family is learning about dinosaurs (or anything else) it is very helpful to create hands-on craft activities to support what they’re excited about and interested in. I'm sure Grandparents would love to help create a pom dinosaur for enjoyable bonding time with lasting memories to cherish with their dinosaur-loving grandkids.
Check out our 101+ Animal Crafts
Supplies for Pom Pom Dinosaur
- ½” colorful craft pom poms
- Dinosaur template
- Scrap cardboard
- Elmer’s School Glue
- Marker or pen
- Hot glue gun
How To Make Dinosaur Craft
Print and cut out the dinosaur template.
Place the dinosaur on a piece of scrap cardboard, and trace it around it with a marker or pen.
Cut out the cardboard dinosaur.
Apply Elmer’s glue on the dinosaur, and start placing the craft pom poms on the glue.
Choose any colors/patterns you like to decorate your dinosaur.
Fill in dinosaur with pom poms.
While the glue is drying, make the stand for your dinosaur.
Cut a piece of cardboard in the shape of a rectangle approximately 3” long. Cut two trapezoids next, approximately 2” long.
Hot glue the trapezoids to the back of the rectangle, so that it’s at a slight angle.
Glue the other trapezoid shape to the rectangle creating the stand.
Lastly, once the pom poms have fully dried onto the cardboard dinosaur, add hot glue to back of the dinosaur craft.
Apply the stand to the hot glue.
Put your dinosaur on display for everyone to see!
Download the Free Dinosaur Template
*For personal use only
Other Pom Pom Crafts You'll Love
- DIY POM POM DRINK STICKS
- POM POM PAPER BUTTERFLIES
- VALENTINES POM POM GARLAND
- TOILET PAPER STAMP FLOWER CRAFT
- YARN CHRISTMAS TREE CRAFT
Other Animal Crafts and Printables
- FREE PRINTABLE ZEBRA COLORING PAGE
- LADYBUG ROCK PAINTING HOW-TO
- ANIMAL ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
- PAPER PLATE PENGUIN CRAFT
- Print and cut out the dinosaur template.
- Place the dinosaur on a piece of scrap cardboard, and trace around it with a marker or pen.
- Cut out the cardboard dinosaur.
- Apply Elmer’s glue on the dinosaur, and start placing the craft pom poms on the glue.
- Choose any colors/pattern you like to decorate your dinosaur.
- Fill in dinosaur with pom poms.
- While the glue is drying, make the stand for your dinosaur.
- Cut a piece of cardboard in the shape of a rectangle approximately 3” long. Cut two trapezoids next, approximately 2” long.
- Hot glue the trapezoids to the back of the rectangle, so that it’s at a slight angle.
- Glue the other trapezoid shape to the rectangle creating the stand.
- Lastly, once the pom poms have fully dried onto the cardboard dinosaur, add hot glue to back of the dinosaur craft.
- Apply the stand to the hot glue.
- Put your dinosaur on display for everyone to see!
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!